CITICASITA

CITICASITA

November 18, 2011

Seeing Red! Thrifty Holiday Decor

Thrift inspired centerpiece. Gold leaf centerpiece from charity thrift store.
Trimmings from the dollar store, to be used inside gold centerpiece platter.  Platter was a
vintage Salvation Army find.

The holidays are upon us and many of us are getting ready with our favorite holiday decorations. As much as I love the silvers and golds and greens, red somehow brings out the traditional holiday spirit.

I'm easy to please,  a simple little strawberry on  a vintage tin brings a smile to my face.

Carbonated water bottle from a discount store, was used to store "coquito  eggnog," as gift. Red antique toile from Paris, France.

Dollar store wine glasses. A steal!
Salvation Army vase.  A great find!
When I see red home decor items I just gravitate towards them.  One doesn't have to blow one's budget when decorating for the holidays. I like the less is more approach and red gives a great visual impact. Small touches of it also brighten up a neutral setting. Many a dollar store find has been brought home to fill up a small color niche. Like the red wine glasses at 99 cents each. How about the red vase  from my favorite charity store. The red carbonated water bottle was a whole $1.49, and it had water in it! The decorated holiday trimmings were $1.00 each at the dollar store. Red toile fabric I bought at a flea market in Paris 10 years ago will work itself in there somehow. It's an antique curtain panel and has holes in it. I cut snippets of it periodically when crafting. What else, oh the red gingham I found on sale at JoAnn's Fabrics which matches the lampshades on my pole lamps.  I'll use it to re-cover the mini chandelier shades.

I have my work cut out for me so let me go shake a leg! Wow, I haven't heard that expression in years! Not around here anyway...

........have a great day everyone!!! 



4 comments: