CITICASITA

CITICASITA

October 8, 2011

Bread Box Redo

It's a beautiful Saturday morning here in New York City today. The sun is shining gloriously and there's no sign of rain, wind, cold or any other inclement weather to ruin such a day.

Too bad I have to be indoors today! Yep, I must complete my wall 'cause I'll be out of town soon. What I don't do this week will have to wait until I return. That's not a good thing.

In the meantime I worked on my little vintage bread box find. I bought it at my favorite goodwill thrift shop and  painted it in Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint in Louis Blue. The distressing was done with Minwax Wiping Stain and Finish. It's water based and in tube form, so it's easy to work with. A little goes a long way. I had to test it out first because I didn't want it too dark. I used a very, very dry brush method with it. I like the results because it's not too brown looking  and just shows some grain.  I also used AS clear paste. The handle was switched up for one that matches the kitchen cabinets. All done!

Now let me go on with things! I'll be in and out all day, just to catch some of this good weather and still get things done. 
Enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks fabulous! Great job! It is amazing what a little paint can do.

    ReplyDelete