I took the closet down and kept the doors. The plan is to distress the doors and hand paint them to look rusted.That is a job! I'm probably better off just painting the wall.
|Doors removed from closet.|
This vanity was given to me by my two sons as a birthday present years ago. They used their little after school job money for it. The one piece of furniture I love, if it's possible to love an inanimate object. It was also a thrift store find. They sure are their mother's sons!
Enjoy your week-end everyone!
Guess what, I went ahead and painted one of the doors after I published the blog. I'll just have to keep editing it. Bear with me. Nah, I don't want o write it over, too many link parties to go over again.
Dropped my glasses into the paint in the process. Hysterical! Anyways, I will be distressing it and adding another color over it and then a third. How's that for hopping around on a cane???!!! Well, stay connected and see Part 2, maybe 3. Adios...........
like zeez!", when I'm finished with it.....maybe
I can only work on it little by little, as I'm resting my leg a bit. Stay connected to see how it turns out, ok?
|First coat after sanding. French Blue.|
|I rolled a candle over the second coat. The second coat won't adhere to the area I used candle on.|
|Second coat is darker than the first. Paris Blue. Still to be burnished, sanded and waxed.|
More to come.......hasta la vista, baby!!!
|This is like painting on a canvas. I'm using an artist's brush dipped in a mixture of paste wax and Minwax Color Express Stain in mahogany.|
I'm not smiling, I'm in pain....off to the doctor! In the mean time I have been aging and distressing this door. Five coats and sanding in between. I'm only half way done on top. Still have the bottom and other door to do. I used a stain for the rusted look. Wish me luck with the doctor. Amen...
There are many chalk paint recipes on the internet, I used 1/2 cup Plaster of Paris mixed into 1/2 cup water and then added to about 2 cups of paint. I needed to experiment and mix really well. Amounts are optional depending on the consistency desired. More POP gives a thicker consistency. More paint gives better coverage. I also decided not to use my vanity. Instead, I painted the work surface I already had with the chalk paint. I purchased 2 corbels to support the work surface and after painting everything white, used paste wax to buff it up a little. After putting everything up, I decided to use a longer bench I re-purposed from my bedroom. A tool box purchased at an antique shop is being used as book storage. I have all this stuff I can use!
When needed I can switch up the computer for the sewing machine. No problem!
|Heart pin cushion made by my friend who passed. thanks Anita......|
My work space is done................when I get better I might add a couple of small ledge shelves I have around here somewhere. Here are pictures........thanks for stopping by.